1. How did you get started writing?
I told so many massive, gargantuan lies as a child, it was just a good idea to channel all that into a place where people expect to meet the unexpected.
2. Out of all your books, which one is your favourite and why?
The one I’m working on now.
3. What is your favorite thing to do outside of writing?
4. What do you love most about the genre you write?
Anything is possible… ANYTHING.
5. What does your writing space look like?
I have a writing desk that’s traveled around the world with the people who’ve owned it in its 100+ years of existence. It’s been very well cared for, so the writers who’ve sat before it in the past loved it like I do. I call it “the studio.”
6. Do you find it hard to kill off your characters?
Yeah. I spend a lot of time with them, more than I spend around actual humans. Which, believe me, is fine. The fact that I can kill off the characters as needed is another advantage they have over humans.
7. How much of your characters are based on your traits or someone you know personally?
They come to my mind’s eye and then start to talk. Sometimes they’re even funny, with their own sense of mischief. Definitely, they bring their specific perspectives on events.
8. What are you working on now? Can you share a teaser of it with our readers?
Urban fantasy novel featuring the Reverend and Maurice, whom you meet in “Glamour Puss.”
9. Is there one genre that you have not written in yet, but would love to try writing?
10. What keeps you going while writing?
My sense of enjoyment in the writing. I have fun working with language. The real question is what keeps me going through drafting character profiles and arcs and outlining and revising and…all the other pre-writing parts!
11. Where can we find you on the internet?